Saturday, March 1, 2008

I do have wings

I do have wings

By Kgobalale Peter Moruthane

Yes, it is true;
I do have wings;
Wings to fly;
Like other birds;
And I do know;
I know how to sing;
Like other birds.

Why do you say that;
I do not have wings;
Why do you say that;
I do not know how to sing;
If I do not fly when with you;
Does it mean I do not have one?
If I do not sing when with you;
Does it mean I do not know how to?

Ask;
Ask me to;
Ask me to fly;
Do not assume I do not have;
Ask;
Ask me to;
Ask me to sing;
Do not assume I do not know.

Maybe I am not ready to fly;
Maybe I am not ready to sing;
Do not say I do not have;
And do not say I do not know how.

Do not you see;
That I am like other birds?
Or do you see any different?
I have feathers;
And I have a peak;
Those are the characteristics of a bird.

No comments: