Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So proud I stand

So proud I stand

I stand up everyday;
Pronouncing lout who am I;
Telling people where am I from;
Without fear but with self confidence;
I stand before everyone;
Telling them whom I used to be;
Before yesterday and today.

I am proud to stand up;
And fry Masutsa;
Drink home made Amarura beer;
And drink home made Mageu;
I feel proud to tell people;
That I grew up in a poverty striven area;
Where I used to eat Dikodi and Matsankodi.

Even today where I am;
And tomorrow where I will be;
I will never leave my past back;
I will carry them with me where ever I go;
So proud I will always stand;
And pronounce who I am.

We were dancing a Masoboro dance;
Singing songs of Basemanyana;
Eating Mabilo and Mapara;
Drinking Borolo and Manapo;
So proud we stand;
And always we will;
Without any fear of intimidation.

No comments: