Friday, April 4, 2008

A council meeting is not a play ground!


A council meeting is not a play ground!



I was really embarrassed and enraged for three days which I have attended Capricorn Polokwane municipality Council Meetings. These meetings are taken as a play ground, when the councilors do not have anything to do at home they just call a special council meeting even if there is northing to discuss, I mean yesterday on Thursday there was a special council meeting at Library Auditorium in Polokwane, guess what happened, a chair women of the meeting laid ground rules and after that a councilor from a Democratic Alliance Movement stood up and pour stinking water on her. He told the poor chair women that she do not have to lay ground rules to them, she better lay ground rules to herself.

The chairperson tried to call the councilor to order, but unfortunately said to him “Put that micro oven down instead of saying put that microphone down”. Another DA councilor stood up and said “Point of Correction, a microphone not a micro-oven”.

I do not wonder why these kinds of meetings are called often; there is a catering of high level which is called every time when having these jokes called council meetings. For my surprise on Thursday some councilor brought their children in with then. I do not think I will ever go to these meetings again, but unless when I am bored, just to go there and laugh. But if there is something serious to attend I do not think I can even try to go there, I do not care whether there is nice well done food or not.

No comments: