Friday, February 29, 2008

Backrooms, the way of making money in Turfloop

Backrooms, the way of making money in Turfloop

So you think of making a business around Mankweng/Turfloop?

In the past two weeks I wanted to do a research concerning business opportunity around this township, something forced me to do it because many people from different rural areas do live in this township. I wondered what is keeping them busy and what is it that they make living out of it. So I came across with car washes, spazas shops, street vendoring and selling of Mnandis (Grilled Chicken on the streets). Do not think these are the only business opportunity that keep people pumping into this area, back house rooms is the most powerful business that people make living out of it.

I gave my self a time to explore more, walking all sections of this area, Zone 01 to F, Toronto, Mamotintane and Makanye. I noticed that mostly each and ever house in those areas have more than five back houses for hire, and some houses are just built for hire. I asked one of the women who own 100 rooms for hire; her name is Anna Mamabolo from Zone 01. “I have 100 rooms and in each and every room there are two students, they pay R350, 00 per months, said Mrs. Mamabolo. “ I make a living out of the money I get from the students” she continued.

It is assumed approximately more that 4000 students from University of Limpopo are not staying on Campus and that is why the back rooms hiring business is growing everyday. “We prefer staying at the back rooms because we are from poor families, we can not afford staying on campus because it is very expensive said Rantobeng Mpho from Sekhukhune. He also added that he pays R 3500 per year while in campus you have to pay approximately R7000 per year only for accommodation.

Finally I got the answer of why people are pouring to this township, it is because of the university students, so if one do have a business idea I think the best thing is to go to Turfloop Mankweng and buy a stand where you can built a rooms for hiring.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am that one poor student left without a room and i'm struggling to get one. Where is Mrs Mamabolo and is it possible to get her contact details? I need a room immediately!

sylviabee said...

Where do this people buy stans in turfloop because I am looking for it urgently.please reply me on makgoroboshomane@mobileemail.vodafonesa.co.za

lonely tune said...

Need a stand to buy around Mankweng or Nobody please assist. Inbox me on s.lindiwe20@gmail.com